- Oceanic Shrimp Aquaculture is the holding company established under OADC with the mandate of developing shrimp aquaculture projects, processing facilities, product development, branding and establishing marketing network to outreach the customers domestic, regional and international.
- OSA’s role will be catalytic in the development of the shrimp aquaculture industry through its initiatives and leadership in the sector. The company is engaged in identifying suitable sites for shrimp aquaculture along Oman’s coastline, plan projects following best international standards, analyze technical and financial feasibility of the proposals, invest and manage project development. OSA intend to collaborate with technical partners globally to bring in the state of the art technology to ensure bio-secure and sustainable development. Capacity building through training and skill development as well is an objective of OSA
- The projects established by OSA shall be with or without private partnership and shall operate as independent business units (SPV’s). OSA will manage the development of the projects and will have complete operational control of the SPV’s.
- Oceanic Shrimp Aquaculture has entered in to a partnership with Arabian Marine Development LLC and has constituted an SPV for the development of a shrimp farm at Qurun, Jalan Bani Bu Hassan in the eastern province of Oman.
- The SPV plans to develop a semi-integrated intensive shrimp farm, at Qurun, covering an area of 500 ha. The project is designed to produce 3600 tons of shrimp per annum. The project components will include shrimp maturation unit, hatchery unit, nursery units, grow out facilities and support infrastructure.
- The project is scheduled to be in production by last quarter of 2019.
- Oriental Shrimp Aquaculture is an SPV constituted with Oceanic Shrimp Aquaculture and Phoenix National as partners for the development of a shrimp farm project at Khuwemah, Jalan Bani Bu Ali in the eastern province of Oman.
- The proposed project is a semi-integrated shrimp intensive shrimp farm, covering an area of 200 ha. at Khuwemah. The project is designed to produce 2900 tons of shrimp per annum. Major elements of the project are shrimp hatchery unit, nursery units, grow out facilities and support infrastructure.
- The project is scheduled to be in production by first quarter of 2020